Listen to the web site
You can listen to this website by using BrowseAloud. This is a free service and can be downloaded from the BrowseAloud website.
What is BrowseAloud?
BrowseAloud makes websites accessible to those who require online reading support. It works by reading web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice. All you need to do is hover your mouse pointer over the text to hear it.
What does BrowseAloud look like?
BrowseAloud features are accessed from an easy to use toolbar (see above). You can position this toolbar anywhere on your screen or hide it from view.
What will BrowseAloud do for me?
- Read web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice.
- Read secure web pages
- Read PDF and Word documents in their original format
- Highlight each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
- Magnify text to your chosen font size and font style
- Translate word-for-word between English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Look up accurate dictionary definitions
- Convert text to MP3
- Mask information on screen to help you focus on a particular area
Who does BrowseAloud help?
BrowseAloud helps any website visitor who requires online reading support. This includes those with learning difficulties such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.
If you need anymore help contact the BrowseAloud team on:
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9442 8105